FREE Monthly Women's Circle ~ Full Moon January 2019
Time & Location
About The Event
FREE Monthly Women's Circle ~ Full Moon January 2019
A women's circle is a safe and sacred space for women to come together, use their voices, be heard and be seen. This is our monthly sacred space of rest, retreat and reconnection.
Open to women of all ages, life stages and cycle phases, including babies and young children.
WHY I DECIDED TO OFFER THESE FREE CIRCLES & HOW IT WORKS
Women’s Circles have transformed my life and the lives of many women before me and I see them continue to transform the lives of women over and over.
There is something incredibly powerful about women gathering together in sacred space. In the moon lodge we can show up exactly as we are and feel heard, nurtured, supported and understood. In a world of predictability and restraint here we are reminded of our innate cyclical and feeling natures and are invited to explore a life lived in full flow of our emotions and at an intuitive pace.
I feel very strongly that this is something that all women should have access to and so have decided to offer free monthly women’s circles.
I will try to arrange the dates to be as close as possible to the new or full moon and if I can’t host it then I will try to find a replacement facilitator to ensure this monthly community space is honoured wherever possible. The time and day will vary to ensure options for different working and life patterns.
Donations will cover the spaces we use (when charged), expenses incurred and any causes we want to support. There will always be total financial transparency. If you can afford to donate towards the space then it would be very much appreciated but if you can't there is never any pressure.
“A circle of women may just be the most powerful force known to humanity. If you have one, embrace it. If you need one, seek it. If you find one, for the love of all that is good and holy, dive in. Hold on. Love it up. Get Naked. Let them see you. Let them hold you. Let your reluctant tears fall. Let yourself rise fierce and love gentle. You will be changed. The very fabric of your being will be altered by this, if you allow it. Please, please allow it.” ~ Jeanette LeBlanc
What to expect:
- Opening space, centring, grounding and introduction
- Each month there will be different practices and explorations, some with me, some with other women
- As we build our community the content, themes and practices we partake in will be guided by our needs, wants and desires as a community
- We will close each gathering with a sharing circle ~ the sharing will sometimes be completely open and sometimes be themed
- Sharing is always optional, you can always pass and just sit back and soak up the words from the other women
‘In the native American tradition if you wanted to destroy a village you simply destroyed the Moon Lodge – the place where the woman gathered every new moon to intuit insight to govern the tribe. So it stands to reason that the fastest way to rebuild our global village is to re-instate the tradition of the Moon Lodge or Red Tent.’ ~ Tanishk
The Yurt, Aspley Guise (further details sent on booking)
Detailed information will be sent out to all those booked on each month in the days leading up to our circle. This will include detailed location information, our theme and any practices we will be exploring plus any guest teachers or speakers that will be attending.
- Yoga mat/rug and cushion
- Blankets/pillows/bolsters/sleeping bag (anything you like to be cosy and comfortable)
- Journal and pen (for reflections and sometimes questions we will dive into together)
- Drinking water/snacks (optional)
- Sacred space items that you want to place on the communal altar (optional)
Free ~ with a small donation to room hire, our charitable cause this month and supplies
Click 'register' button on event page to register
Once the gathering is fully booked, wait list tickets will become available.
- Booking is essential as it helps to manage numbers. We limit these circles in size to ensure we maintain the intimacy whilst still allowing plenty of women to join. Some venues have smaller space limitations than others.
- Booking is also essential as often the address of where the circle takes place is private and needs to be emailed to all those attending
- Free circles often feel like less of a commitment which can be a lovely feeling if you're a bit averse to committing but please do try to honour your space and if you need to cancel your place then please give us as much notice as possible so that we can offer your space to someone on the waiting list or re-advertise the circle
Inclusivity ~ our circles are open to any person who identifies as a woman, no questions asked. Please read our inclusivity policy for more information about different life stages (pregnancy, menstruation, menopause, feeding children etc.), bringing your children, why we are women only and more: www.moonforestflow.com/inclusivityanddiversity.
There will sometimes be discussion of menstrual cycles and greater life cycles, for more information about cyclical work without a monthly cycle: www.moonforestflow.com/cyclicalworkwithoutacycle
See you in the moon lodge!
Embodying our cyclical nature through yoga, nidra, nature, menstruality and women's circles.
Living and practicing in a way that honours and celebrates the seasons and cycles of our bodies and nature.
Yoga . Nidra . Nature . Women’s Circles . Menstruality
- Seat in the circle£0£0Sold Out
- Wait list£0£0Sold Out