Yoga Nidra class (online)
Time & Location
About The Event
Yoga Nidra (online)
Zoom online (link sent on booking)
Our weekly online Yoga Nidra class. A space to rest deeply. Open to all.
Yoga Nidra is a practice of effortless meditation and deep relaxation that supports the body's natural healing processes and has the capacity to guide us back to our wild state of simply being.
It is highly accessible as it is open to all who are able to lie down and listen to the guidance, no movement is required (it can even be practice in a chair if lying down is not accessible).
Learn more: https://www.moonforestflow.com/yoganidra
Womxn's Yoga . Nidra . Nature . Womxn's Circles . Menstrual Mentoring
This class takes place straight after our weekly Wild Woman Yoga class (18:00-19:15).
How to Attend:
- Click ticket link
- Register by choosing your donation
- Choose manual payment for bank transfer (less fees for me so much appreciated)
- A Zoom link and joining info including playlist link will be sent to you in the confirmation email
FREE to anyone who needs it via Suspended Yoga - choose the SY ticket option ♥
FREE to key workers
FREE if you're broke it's totally ok to use the Suspended Yoga programme
Donation - pay what you feel
Location: Zoom (link on booking)
- Complete your joining form if not already done
- Set up your space
- Dim the lights
- Get comfy and warm
- As part of my insurance each year I need you to complete a new health form
- If you're new to my classes I need to know a little about your history and what you're bringing with you to class (as much as you feel to share)
- You'll be sent a link on booking
What Is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra, taken from the Sanskrit words meaning ‘yogic sleep’, is both a state of awareness and a practice. As a practice it is both a technique that helps to promote deep relaxation and a practice of effortless meditation. As a state of awareness it falls somewhere between sleeping, waking and dreaming and offers the potential to reap the benefits of both deep meditation and sleep simultaneously (win).
During a Yoga Nidra practice the brain moves through different states of awareness and as such exhibits different brainwaves activity as guided by the various stages of the practice. Between each of the stages are opportunities to access the subconscious through the doorways of the liminal states of awareness that can arise such as the hypnogogic state (usually found just before falling asleep) and the hypnopompic state (usually arises just before waking).
Yoga Nidra has immense healing potential due to this capacity to access the subconscious, induce deep states of relaxation, bring normally unconscious functions under conscious control and provide a safe container within which to explore trauma, pain, suffering and challenging emotions without being triggered into emotional responses.
And all of this unfolds quite naturally without needing to do anything at all and with no prior experience, understanding or information required in order to receive the benefits.
Honestly this practice is gold.
One of my favourite memories from a yoga nidra class was as we were checking in at the start I asked why people practice. One of my favourite very softly spoken yoga teachers was in room and she answered to everyone's surprise: I just come here to get high. I now introduce new people to the practice by calling it drugs for sober people.
Yoga Nidra can be incredibly effective at helping to:
- Undo the negative impacts of stress
- Release deeply held physical or emotional tension
- Soothe anxiety and calm the nervous system
- Ease sleep difficulties and insomnia
- Effectively help manage and integrate trauma
- Help with neuroplasticity and the creation of new neural pathways
- Improve memory and recall
- Boost creativity and productivity
- Improve overall health and wellbeing
And so much more, the possibilities are endless and the benefits long lasting and profound.
Read full policy and commitment:
- Free for Immerse tier Patrons£0£00£0
- Free for Wild Woman tier£0£00£0
- £10 donation£10£100£0
- £7 donation£7£70£0
- £6 donation£6£60£0
- £5 donation£5£50£0
- £3 donation£3£30£0
- Free via Suspended Yoga£0£00£0